Setting up the home page
By default the home page will display your latest posts. If you want to set a specific page to be your home page, you can do that in the WordPress reading settings (Settings > Reading), choosing the "static page" option.
In the WordPress reading settings ( Settings > Reading ) page, we recommend to leave the "Posts page" option under "Front page displays" set to blank, in order to avoid pagination isssues.
Following the demo configuration, if you’ve imported the XML dummy content file, you’ll find that three different home pages have been created:
- A page with a "home-portfolio" slug, if you want to use it as a Portfolio-type of home page
- A page with a "home-corporate" slug, if you want to use it as a Corporate-type of home page
- A page with a "home-shop" slug, if you want to use it as a Shop-type of home page
In order to see them working as expected, you’ll need to use the "Demo" child theme provided in the main package.
Custom logo upload
Our themes come with the ability for you to choose an image or text as your main logo.
You can upload a graphic logo from the “Logo & Images” tab in the "Theme options" page. If the field is left empty, a simple text logo will be used, which can be later styled in the theme Customizer. Please remember to load a properly dimensioned logo.
This theme supports the WordPress custom menus feature.
This theme has two custom menu locations, one for the main navigation, and the other for a mobile-optimized navigation. Both navigations offer multi-level support.
To setup your custom menus, navigate to "Appearance > Menus". Give your menu a name and build it up using the available items. To extend the available menu items, click the "Screen Options" tab at the very top of the screen and configure your options. Once you have built your menu, save it and assign it to a location.
Global links to social network pages can be set up under the "Social" tab in the "Theme options" panel; please note that these links are used site-wide, when shortcodes or widgets are displayed.
Please note that these links only provide a simple link to the various social networks profile pages, and do not offer any more structured integration.
Since the Twitter API change in May 2013, the Twitter widget and shortcode now requires proper configuration in order for it to work. In order to get them to work as expected you must follow these steps:
- Go to the My applications page on the Twitter website to set up your website as a new Twitter ‘application’. You may need to log-in using your Twitter user name and password.
- If you don’t already have a suitable ‘application’ that you can use for your website, set one up on the Create an Application page. It’s normally best to use the name, description and website URL of the website where you plan to use Rotating Tweets. You don’t need a Callback URL.
- After clicking Create your Twitter application, on the following page, click on Create my access token.
- Copy the Consumer key, Consumer secret, Access token and Access token secret from your Twitter application page into the settings below.
Specific contact information options can be found under the "General" tab in the "Theme options" page. These options affect the behavior of the contact form functionality provided in the theme, and the appearance of the contact map, both of them only shown when using the "Contact" page template.
The email address specified will be associated directly with the contact form: any email sent through such form, will be hence sent to that address.
Map configuration options offer a help text beneath them, which clearly explains their meaning.
This theme supports the WordPress native theme customization panel, available from version 3.4. Theme customization allows you to edit the appearance of your theme.
Options are conveniently grouped in layout sections, and a number of controls that allow the modification of fonts and colors are available.
If you want to backup your skin and import it at a later time, please refer to the "Framework settings" section of this document.